Contemporary Farmhouse Plan with Vaulted Great Room and Split Bedroom Layout
About This Plan
- An 8'-deep porch graces the front of this contemporary farmhouse plan and two dormers - serving a decorative function - help give the home great curb appeal. Inside, a split bedroom design provides great livability.
- A vaulted ceiling crowns the great room, which flows into the breakfast room and kitchen with its angled snack bar with casual seating and large walk-in pantry. Note the outdoor grilling porch in back. The formal dining room is nicely sited between the foyer and kitchen.
- The master suite is privately situated on the left side of the home. It has direct access to the porch as well as access to the laundry room from the walk-in closet. Across the home, three other family bedrooms, each with their own walk-in closet, share a bath. Bedroom 4 can work nicely as a study.
- Upstairs, bonus space gives you 444 square feet of expansion space.
- Related Plans: Get a more traditional exterior with house plan 5987ND.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,294 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,294 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 481 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 444 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1 or 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Daylight, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 69' 10"
- Depth: 57' 6"
- Max ridge height: 24' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 503 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick