Craftsman Cottage With Gabled Entry
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- With the cozy feel of a country cottage yet plenty of space for a modern family, this Craftsman cottage exudes charm.
- The front of the home features a spacious garage to the right. Entering through a covered porch with Craftsman tapered columns, you'll pass an airy half bath, coat closet and staircase to your left, and a door to the garage on your right.
- Ahead, a wall of windows in the great room looks onto the back yard. This is the so-called "family triangle" - living room, dining room and kitchen all in one spacious, welcoming area. The dining room has its own bank of windows. A large island distinguishes the dining room from the kitchen, with its handy built-in pantry to assist with your gourmet cooking. The kitchen is 12' x 8' with the island acting as the dividing point beween the kitchen and dining area.
- Upstairs, you'll find a loft with a window seat. A built-in desk is a nice touch to the loft which is spacious enough to accommodate a kids' play area as well.
- The washer/dryer utility closet, master bedroom, two additional bedrooms and shared bath open to the communal loft space, saving what would otherwise be wasted hall area.
- The two smaller bedrooms share a Jack-and-Jill bathroom with one door opening to the loft. The luxurious vaulted master bedroom has two large windows facing the rear. One closet is here, in the master bedroom itself, while the "hers" walk-in closet is found in the attached master bath. No worries about bumping elbows here - two sinks and a built-in cabinet guarantee enough room for your toiletries.