Craftsman Cottage With Lower Level Rec Room
3 - 5
About This Plan
- This Craftsman cottage house plan has two broad gables on the second floor centered on the home and a front porch spanning the entire front of the home supported by four sturdy columns with stones bases.
- French doors take you to the foyer which is flanked by a formal dining room with built-ins and den - also behind french doors - with a fireplace and walk-in closet.
- Walk past the stairs and you'll see the back of the home is open from wall to wall. The kitchen has a large island with seating and a prep sink and the great room has a fireplace flanked by built-ins.
- Sliding doors open to the back porch, perfect for grilling or for use as an outdoor living room.
- The upstairs has three bedrooms and a bonus room - included in the total living area - that could serve as a fourth bedroom or be put to other uses.
- The lower level is finished and gives you a rec room, another bedroom suite plus wine storage. There is also a front-load drive-under garage with room for 3 cars and dedicated space for your mechanicals.
- Related Plan: Get a side-load drive under garage - and a reverse layout - with house plan 23661JD.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 4,224 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 1,007 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,677 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,560 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 322 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 187 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, & 5
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 46' 0"
- Depth: 58' 6"
- Max ridge height: 24' 6"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 739 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 3 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss