Duplex House Plan with Outdoor Access from Dining Room
About This Plan
- A few simple details, such as shuttered windows and cedar shingles can make the difference between a plain façade and an appealing home. This duplex house plan offers more than just a treat for the eye - it also houses two comfortable living units.
- Each unit gives you 1,510 square feet of heated living (709 sq. ft. on the first floor and 801 sq. ft. on the second floor) and a 411 square foot garage.
- Each side contains open living space in a great room and dining room - both near an island kitchen with corner window sink. The great room features a nine-foot ceiling; the dining room has outdoor access. Double windows in both rooms brighten the whole area. A half-bath and coat closet are handy additions.
- The second level holds bedrooms: two for family and guests, plus a master suite. The master bath is especially noteworthy with a walk-in closet and double sinks. The shared bath is compartmented for convenience. Note the thoughtful placement of the laundry room on the upper level.
- Related Plan: Downsize slightly with duplex house plan 69378AM.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,020 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,418 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,602 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 6
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 42' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 742 sq. ft.
- Count: 4 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss