Economical Narrow Lot
About This Plan
- The compact, two-story house plan is designed to fit on a narrow lot with room to spare. It is as economical to build as it is to heat and maintain, yet still has a very spacious feel, especially in the main floor gathering spaces.
- A front porch spans the entire front fa'ade. The stairway across from the front door creates a protected entry. When you turn to the right, you move into an expansive space that is totally open from the living room's front window to the kitchen's rear window. Windowed on two sides, the room is naturally bright.
- Square columns mark the boundary between the living room and a dining room that is open to the kitchen. Counters and cabinets wrap around two sides of the kitchen, and there's plenty of room for a large freestanding table at the center. From the kitchen, sliding doors provide access to a covered patio that can be screened, and double doors swing open to reveal a roomy set of pantry shelves.
- Laundry appliances are nearby too, in a pass through space that leads to an exterior door. A powder room is right across the hall. This area can be closed off to serve as a mudroom.
- Two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a loft fill the upper level. A wide bay window brightens and expands the home plan's master suite, which also has a generously sized walk-in closet and private bathroom. Pull-down stairs provide attic access.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,429 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 676 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 753 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 72 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 22' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss