Economical Vacation Retreat
About This Plan
- Rustic logs, sparkling windows and crisp lines combine in the house plan to create a striking vacation retreat. What's more, it's surprisingly economical to maintain. Logs are renowned for their excellent insulating qualities, as well as their durability. The metal roof, too, is noted for its long life and ease of care.
- At center is a naturally bright living room, V-shaped and vaulted. Windows are stacked three high in a front section open to the underside of the A-frame roof. Beneath the large loft covering the rear, a centrally located wood stove radiates enough heat to warm the entire space.
- Two wings expand the main floor. A totally enclosed master suite fills one side, while the partially open kitchen is on the other. A raised eating bar marks the boundary yet leaves the space visually open to the living room.
- The well-equipped kitchen has plenty of counter space and even boasts a small pantry. Windows on two sides provide natural illumination along with views. Next to the kitchen is a handy combination bathroom/utility room, outfitted with a deep sink, shower and toilet.
- Amenities in the cozy master suite include a roomy walk-in closet, and a private bathroom with dual vanity and a large spa tub.
- The house plan's loft is large enough to accommodate several sets of bunks, if desired. Doors on both sides provide access to deep storage spaces nestled under the sloping roof.
- A V-shaped deck wraps across the front, echoing the shape of the front facade.
- The steep roof section has a 16:12 pitch.
- Related Plan: Get less space with house plan72320DA (1,216 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,384 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,119 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 265 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,119 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): Log
- Width: 46' 0"
- Depth: 32' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available