Log Cabin with Two Wings
About This Plan
- This home plan is an A-frame log cabin, expanded by two wings and a lofty V-shaped window bay. Living space is a little more than 1,200 square feet.
- Whole logs give this vacation cabin a rustic look, while the metal roof and abundance of sparkling glass add contemporary flavor
- Windows stacked four-high in the living room provide natural illumination on all but the darkest of winter days. The front section of this bright space is open to the second floor ceiling.
- A small two-section bathroom is accessible from both the master suite and the living room. Another bathroom is upstairs near the bunk room, loft and storage areas. If desired, the large storage area on the right could be outfitted as another bunk room.
- Outside, the railed deck echoes the V shape of this house plan's window bay.
- Related Plan: Get more room with house plan 72321DA (1,384 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,216 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 864 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 352 sq. ft.
- Storage: 207 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6 or Log
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 40' 0"
- Depth: 27' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick