Elevated 2-Bed House Plan for Flood Prone Areas
About This Plan
- This house plan was designed to be minimally affected by rising waters in areas prone to flood.
- The open concept floorplan takes advantage of panoramic rear views via abundant windows.
- This house is characterized by a ground floor built of concrete walls clad with a stone veneer, providing robust piers for the main structure. Waterproof insulation, concrete walls and a metal staircase would suffer minimal damage in the event of repeat flooding.
- A workshop and storage are conveniently located on the main level and a large carport could alternatively be developed as an enclosed garage if desired.
- The upper level includes two good-sized bedrooms, a bathroom with soaker tub and 34"x51" independent shower, a laundry area and a mechanical/storage room.
- A generous deck creates attractive seasonal recreation space with easy access to the living areas. The overall benefit is a home which is functional, attractive and subject to minimal damage in the event of flooding.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,337 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 336 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,001 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Walkout, Daylight, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 36' 0"
- Depth: 28' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 2"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 480 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss