Energy Saver with Bonus Room
About This Plan
- We've added a bonus room to our plan 33033ZR and came up with this great energy-saving house plan. When built to specs, this right-sized energy-smart 4 bedroom house plan saves you 40% to 50% on your energy bills.
- In this net-zero-ready design, the AC/Heating equipment is designed within the A/C conditioned spaces through the use of chases strategically designed below the attic space. The result is 10' volume ceilings and huge energy savings.
- An addditional energy-saving feature is the use of raised heel trusses offering more effective attic insulation and deeper overhangs and porches to shade windows.
- Additionally, California Corners and 2x6 framing enables the use of greater exterior wall insulation and roof real estate is optimized - particularly in the rear of the home - in case a power-producing PV array and/or solar hot water system is added.
- Naturally lit spaces - like the gourmet kitchen with light-gathering transom windows - make this home plan feel much larger than the living area shows.
- Related Plans: Simplify by elminating the bonus room with house plan 33033ZR.
- See alternate elevations with house plans 33097ZR and 33098ZR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,368 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,033 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,335 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 508 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 144 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Stem Wall, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 49' 6"
- Depth: 84' 0"
- Max ridge height: 28' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 676 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss