Sustainable Living Home Plan
4 - 5
About This Plan
- When built to specs, this right-sized energy-smart 4 bedroom house plan saves you 40% to 50% on your energy bills.
- In this net-zero-ready design, the AC/Heating equipment is designed within the A/C conditioned spaces through the use of chases strategically designed below the attic space. The result is 10' volume ceilings and huge energy savings.
- An addditional energy-saving feature is the use of raised heel trusses offering more effective attic insulation and deeper overhangs and porches to shade windows.
- Additionally, California Corners and 2x6 framing enables the use of greater exterior wall insulation and roof real estate is optimized - particularly in the rear of the home - in case a power-producing PV array and/or solar hot water system is added.
- Naturally lit spaces - like the gourmet kitchen with light-gathering transom windows - make this home plan feel much larger than the living area shows.
- High above the great room is a coffered beam ceiling. A dramatic open staircase leads up to the loft and comfortable guest bedrooms.
- The den, also topped with the coffered beam ceiling, has access through the covered front porch and it's own full bath should a fifth bedroom be needed.
- Related Plans: Gain a bonus room off Guest Bed 2 with house plan 33096ZR.
- For alternate elevations, see house plans 33034ZR and 33035ZR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,915 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,023 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 892 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 144 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 514 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 49' 6"
- Depth: 84' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 690 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss