Energy Smart House Plan With Rear Lanai
About This Plan
- VIDEO: See this house plan from all angles in our YouTube video.
- This elegant southern home plan, exclusive to Architectural Designs, is not only beautiful but energy-efficient too!
- Built to the architect's specifications, this home consumes 50% less energy than a typical new home, which can dramatically reduce your monthly carrying costs.
- The great room has 15' ceilings and easy access to the rear lanai through a collapsible wall system. There, an outdoor kitchen awaits and lots of shaded entertaining space.
- The kitchen has views to the dining room, great room and the lanai beyond.
- Depending on your use, you get 3 bedroom plus an office or 4 bedrooms. Note the master suite has its own private garden.
- For super energy-efficiency, all of the mechanical equipment (AC & Heating) is placed within the home's conditioned space. Easy-to-build chases are designed strategically below a vented attic. Perceived as architectural upgrades, the ducts in conditioned space offer luxurious ceilings ranging from 10' to 15'. This planning alone can save you 25% in energy costs since you no longer paying to push cooled or heated air through a hot or cold attic.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,191 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,191 sq. ft.
- Lanai: 670 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Stem Wall, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 77' 4"
- Depth: 76' 8"
- Max ridge height: 24' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 730 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss