Five Bedroom Modern Farmhouse with In-law Suite
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This L-shaped, 2-story, modern Farmhouse plan is highlighted on the exterior by dual fireplaces, metal roofs, front and back porches and board and batten siding. Inside, immediate impressions are made by a soaring 2-story-high, wood-beamed cathedral ceiling in the great room. A trio of tall windows tucked beneath shed roofs complement both the front and rear walls of the great room, offering views through the front porch and rear patio. The kitchen, with expansive work island, lies beneath its own beamed ceiling and is open to the dining area.
- Away from the living areas, the main floor’s master suite features his and her walk-in closets, and his and her vanities in the bath. The master suite can be entered either through an alcove off the great room, or through a more circuitous route from the laundry area.
- The second suite (the in-law) on the main floor lies behind the kitchen, features a walk in closet and its own private 3/4 bath.
- Upstairs, bedroom 2, 3 and 4 share a hall bath. Bedroom 4 receives an added sense of space from a tall cathedral ceiling.
- Back on the main level, the generously proportioned 2-car garage includes ample space for a workshop. It accesses the home through a mudroom, complete with bench, lockers and a coat closet.
- Related Plans: Get a 4-bed version with courtyard garage with house plan 62544DJ (2,768 sq. ft.) with courtyard garage. Get a front-facing garage with house plan 62728DJ (2,800 sq. ft.). Get more house with house plan 62665DJ (4,332 sq. ft.; 5 beds, 5 bath).