Hexagonal House Plan with Vaulted Great Room
About This Plan
- This hexagonal-shaped house plan with vaulted great room and wrap around deck is ideal for views.
- The great room has vaulted ceiling that begin high and slopes up to a lofty central peak. Three sections of the rear wall are mostly glass. Arched clerestory windows crown six banks of multi-paned windows. Two sets are actually French doors which swing open to access the wide patio that spans the entire rear facade.
- The kitchen has counters on four sides, but the two sides facing into the great room are open above counter level.
- Glassed-in display shelves are directly in front of the entry. Utilities are in the hallway that leads to the master suite, hidden behind folding doors.
- In the master suite, the ceiling is vaulted and a sliding glass door opens onto the patio. Luxuries include a huge walk-in closet, oversized shower, double vanity and separately enclosed water closet. Secondary bedrooms share a bathroom with a combination tub and shower.
- Related Plan: Need an attached garage? See house plan 72311DA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,001 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,001 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 70' 10"
- Depth: 48' 8"
- Max ridge height: 21' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss