High Ceiling Duplex with Options
About This Plan
- Rather than compete for attention with its front-load garages, this home plan design's gabled roofs harmoniously blend and balance the garage massing to lend a look of unity. Adding to the street appeal of the home are its charming details such as decorative braces, board-and-batten shutters, and shake-clad gables.
- Inside the design's biggest assets are its high ceilings and natural light. Beyond the two-story entry the island kitchen opens up to the living and dining room which each have 12-foot-high ceilings. The main-level master suite ceiling is also 12 feet high. Windows line in procession along the outside walls of the dining and living room ensuring plenty of light to fill the spaces. Transom windows on each side of the living room fireplace allow built-ins to be customized below.
- Desirable features are found on the upper-level too, where both bedrooms have direct access to the bath and the staircase landing can be customized with additional built-ins.
- Related Plan: Remove the storage area stair with house plan 6983AM.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,542 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,340 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,202 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 6
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 57' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 722 sq. ft.
- Count: 4 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 12' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss