Luxury Barndominium-Style House Plan with Upstairs Loft and Bedroom Suite
About This Plan
- A seismic shift in home design and construction is the impetus for this luxury barndominium-style house plan. The primary advantage of this type of design is the simple shape and efficient material use. This design has an incredible floor plan with no wasted space or hallways to eat up your construction budget.
- Inside, discover the 2-story vaulted beamed truss living and dining room spaces with see through fireplace and built in cabinetry. The soaring ceiling makes it possible for the the high-windowed rear wall to maximize your views. The kitchen is the command center of the home and has a huge island and generous walk-in pantry space and opens to the main living space.
- The main bedroom suite is privately placed on the opposite side of the guest suite and secondary bedrooms. All bedrooms open up to the main dramatic and intimate living spaces. The rear entry is complete with a covered porch, mud room, and adjacent powder room coupled with the laundry area.
- Stairs lead to an upper floor loft with a commanding view over the living space below and also enjoys front-facing views. A window-filled gallery flanks the upper floor and opens to the living spaces below. Above the garage, you'll find an entirely separate casita/ADU living space complete with secondary kitchen, walk-in closet and full bathroom. This special getaway has the same open beamed timber trussed ceiling shared by the rest of the home design .
- A dramatic and livable porch system off the view side is not to be missed. Two-story soaring center columns provide all the drama and light you can ask for. Each side wing provides large seating areas, outdoor kitchen opportunities, hot tub space or whatever you might imagine. These side porches will also make excellent places for screened in porch or 4 season outdoor spaces.
- Related Plans: Get a smaller version with house plans 85376MS (3,247 sq. ft.) and 85404MS (1,899 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 5,375 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,431 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,944 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 62' 0"
- Depth: 98' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 930 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Rear
- Framing Type: Truss