Midsize Prairie Ranch Home Plan
About This Plan
- This midsize, contemporary Prairie-style house plan features a cluster of large gathering spaces at its core and is adaptable for wheelchair accessibility.
- Classic stone veneer wainscoting wraps across the front, and frames the door of the 2-car garage. Entering the foyer via the front porch, you pass a den on the right that could be used as a home office, a fourth bedroom, or whatever suits. The coat closet on the left is revealed when the front door is closed again.
- Moving ahead, you pass a short hallway on the left before stepping into the comfortably large gathering space. The hallway leads to secondary bedrooms, a two-section bathroom, and a fully outfitted utility room with a direct link to the garage.
- Natural light spills into the living room through windows that fill most of the rear wall, and more washes in through another wide expanse of glass in the dining room. These two rooms flow into each other, wrap around a covered patio, and are open to the kitchen. An angled gas fireplace is seen from both rooms.
- Cabinets, counters and appliances span three sides of a C-shaped kitchen, anchored by a central work island. An eating bar rims the side that bounds the dining room.
- The owners' suite is private with entry through a hallway off of the living room, and the suite's deep walk-in closet creates a sound buffer. A sliding door offers privacy between the sleeping area and a bathroom with a dual vanity, large shower, and private toilet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,091 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,091 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 78' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 750 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12