Modern Barndominium Plan Under 2000 Square Feet with Vaulted Great Room
About This Plan
- The shed-style roof atop this Modern Barndominium home plan allows for transom windows to fill the interior living spaces with natural light.
- The great room, dining area, and kitchen are open to one another and crowned by a vaulted ceiling, while a gas fireplace sits next to built-in shelves and a TV niche.
- Dedicated storage in the 2-car garage provides a spot for tools or lawn supplies, and a coat closet just inside awaits your shoes and outdoor gear.
- The master bedroom includes a walk-in closet and a pocket door reveals the attached bathroom with an oversized shower and toilet room.
- Two additional bedrooms are located across the hall from the master and a mudroom includes a back door for easy access when working outdoors.
- This Metal House Plan was designed with a Pre-Engineered Metal Building (PEMB) in mind. A PEMB is the most commonly used structure when building a barndominium. A PEMB can be engineered, fabricated and shipped to any location in the world and generally can be installed in a much shorter time than a traditionally framed home. Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings get a project in the dry very quickly and allow for interior build-outs to be convenient, not having to support roof loads.
- This metal house plan is available with 2x6 exterior framing by selecting it the Options menu.
Metal Wall Framing Detail
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,940 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,940 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 250 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Stem Wall, Monolithic Slab, Post Frame
- Standard Type(s): Metal
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 50' 0"
- Max ridge height: 11' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 737 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 2 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick Or Truss