Mountain Escape with Shed Dormer
4 - 5
About This Plan
- Based on our popular Red Cottage plan - see house plan 18222BE - this more rustic version has stout stone columns supporting a beautiful trussed covered entry.
- The vaulted spaces - foyer, living & dining rooms, and kitchen - add comfortable volume to nicely proportioned room sizes.
- Abundant windows maximize views and natural light with an emphasis placed on views to the back.
- Wide hallways and doorways make for easy traffic flow, even for those that need Barrier Free Access.
- The front room off the foyer is perfect for a den or extra bedroom.
- The kitchen is designed for both efficiency and aesthetics. The large island aids in food preparation, additional storage and allows for a nice seating area. There are both pantry cabinets and a spacious closet pantry.
- The owners' suite has patio access and the handsome master bath has an extra spacious shower.
- The upstairs delivers a vaulted living area plus two bedrooms, one with a sitting area behind pocket doors.
- Related Plans: Get a more robust upstairs suite with house plan 18285BE. Get a less rustic exterior with house plan 18222BE (2 car garage) and 18249BE (3 car garage).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,211 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,241 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 970 sq. ft.
- Deck: 374 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,217 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 88' 2"
- Depth: 86' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 749 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 3.5 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss