New American House Plan with Two Main Floor Bedroom Suites
3.5 - 4.5
About This Plan
- This L-shaped, New American house plan has a modern exterior with front and back porches, contrasting board and batten siding and standing seam metal roof detailing.
- Inside, immediate impressions are made by a soaring 2-story-high, wood-beamed cathedral ceiling in the great room. A trio of tall windows tucked beneath shed roofs complement both the front and rear walls of the great room, offering views through the front porch and rear patio.
- The kitchen, with expansive work island, lies beneath its own beamed ceiling and is open to the dining area.
- Away from the living areas, the main floor’s master suite features a large walk-in closet, a soaking tub, and his and her vanities in the bath. The master suite can be entered either through an alcove off the great room. The second suite on the main floor lies behind the kitchen, featuring its own private living room and luxury bathroom.
- Upstairs, bedroom 2, 3 and 4 share a hall bath. Bedroom 4 receives an added sense of space from a tall cathedral ceiling.
- Back on the main level, the generously proportioned 2-car garage accesses the home through a mudroom, complete with bench, lockers
- Related Plans: Get a front-facing garage with house plan 62728DJ (2,800 sq. ft.), an alternate versions with house plans 62666DJ (3,043 sq. ft.) and 62544DJ (2,768 sq. ft.).
Optional Lower Level Layout (+$250)
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,585 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,712 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 873 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 168 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 171 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 1,790 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5 or 6
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 85' 0"
- Depth: 63' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 583 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 3 on 12