No Worries Flood Zone House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This house plan was designed to be minimally affected by rising waters in areas prone to flood.
- The open concept floorplan takes advantage of panoramic rear views via abundant windows.
- This house is characterized by a ground floor built of concrete walls clad with a stone veneer, providing robust piers for the main structure. Waterproof insulation, concrete walls and a metal staircase would suffer minimal damage in the event of repeat flooding.
- A workshop and storage are conveniently located on the main level and a large carport could alternatively be developed as an enclosed garage if desired.
- The upper level includes two good-sized bedrooms, a bathroom with soaker tub and 34"x51" independent shower, a laundry area and a mechanical/storage room.
- A generous deck creates attractive seasonal recreation space with easy access to the living areas. The overall benefit is a home which is functional, attractive and subject to minimal damage in the event of flooding.