Open Floor Plan Farmhouse
About This Plan
- This modern farmhouse plan gives you five bedrooms and a broad front porch with a screened porch in back.
- Inside you get an open floor plan with minimum walls on the first floor giving you views from the foyer to the dining room in back.
- An impressive gourmet kitchen features a giant furniture-style island that is open to the family room with fireplace. A small counter also connects it to the naturally-bright dining room.
- Angled French doors take you to the screened porch, great for 3 seasons, or 4 if you are building in a milder climate.
- An office off the foyer gives you private space with four windows.
- A loft space awaits at the top of the stairs.
- And you'll find 4 bedrooms and a room over the garage - included in the total living area - that you can use as a media room, a play room or future space.
- The ceilings here vary in height and slope to add to the character designed into the home. Laundry is conveniently located off the landing.
- Related Plan: Get a wraparound porch and reverse layout with house plan 30082RT.
- NOTE: This plan cannot be built in Virginia or within a 50 mile radius of the Virginia/North Carolina border.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,862 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,671 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 2,191 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 199 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 205 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 56' 6"
- Depth: 59' 4"
- Max ridge height: 36' 11"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 675 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12