Perfectly Balanced 4-Bed Modern Farmhouse Plan
3.5 - 4.5
2 - 3
About This Plan
- This 4-bed modern farmhouse plan has perfect balance with two gables flanking the front porch (10' ceilings, 4:12 pitch). A classic gabled dormer - for aesthetic purposes - is centered over the front french doors that welcome you inside. Board and batten siding helps give it great curb appeal.
- Vaulted ceilings in the great room are visible from the foyer. Step into the room and you'll find a fireplace on the right wall flanked by built-ins and views that extend across the rear porch and to the kitchen.
- The gourmet kitchen features a walk-in pantry, large prep island with seating for four, and a nearby formal dining room. For warmer months, enjoy the grilling porch just outside the kitchen.
- The restful master bedroom is quietly situated on the left side of the home, and boasts vaulted ceilings, a spacious bathroom with a large walk-in closet, and a separate tub and shower.
- The three secondary bedrooms are located on the opposite side of the home. Two share a Jack and Jill bath and the third has its own bathroom.
- The rear porch has access to a powder room which itself can access the mud room through a pocket door. A 3-car garage with a man door to the back yard completes the home.
- A 3-car garage - with a 2-car opening and a 1-car opening - gives you great room for your vehicles and gear. Choose the 2-car option and the dimensions change to 24' by 25'-8".
- Choose the Room Over Garage option and gain 632 sq. ft. of expansion space. If you select that option in combination with the 2-car garage the bonus room becomes 12' shorter in depth.
- Related Plan: Get a larger (3,127 sq. ft.) version with house plan 56521SM and 56529SM (3,346 sq. ft.) and a modern Acadian exterior with house plan 56527SM.
Room Above Garage Option (+$295)
Room Above Garage Version - Stair Location
Basement Version - Stair Location
Basement Version w/ Room Above Garage - Stair Location
2-Car Garage Option (+$295)
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,400 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,400 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 416 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 318 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 632 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 77' 2"
- Depth: 77' 9"
- Max ridge height: 28' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 930 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 or 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick