Post Frame Barndominium House Plan with Space to Work and Live
About This Plan
- If you are looking for an efficient way to build a house, look no further than this post frame home that provides you with a great place to live as well as work. Post frame construction is a simplified building technique adapted from the traditional timber-framing technique. Instead of needing studs, steel framing or concrete masonry, post frame building simply uses large poles (or posts) buried into the ground.
- On the work side, the house includes an oversized 2-car garage.
- Inside the home, the great room is warmed by a fireplace. The kitchen includes a large island and a walk-in pantry. The master bedroom is also located on the main floor and contains dual vanities and a walk-in closet.
- Upstairs, you'll find two bedrooms and a loft area. Bedrooms 2 and 3 share a centrally located hall bathroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,079 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,396 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 683 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 80' 0"
- Depth: 38' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1116 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"