Post Frame Home Plan with Full-length Covered Porch
About This Plan
- This post frame home plan features has a large 1,653 square foot garage, 942 square foot main level and a 412 square foot loft.
- A covered porch runs along the entire side side of the home.
- Building a post frame home is a much more economical way of building a home over traditional stick-built homes.
- Post frame construction is a simplified building technique adapted from the traditional timber-framing technique. Instead of needing studs, steel framing or concrete masonry, post frame building simply uses large poles (or posts) buried into the ground.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,350 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 938 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 412 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): Post Frame
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 65' 0"
- Depth: 50' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1653 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12