Prairie-inspired House Plan with Vaulted Great Room for the Rear Sloping Lot
About This Plan
- With large windows on the rear elevation and outdoor living spaces along the entire backside of the home, this Prairie-inspired home plan was designed to take advantage of rearward views.
- The great room gains volume from the vaulted ceiling, with an overlooking loft, and the open concept allows you to easily move into the kitchen and adjoining dining room.
- The master suite conveniently neighbors the laundry room and includes a 5-fixture bath. On the opposite side of the home, discover a second bedroom suite with a private deck.
- A mudroom can be found just inside from the 3-car garage, complete with a dog shower and nearby drop zone.
- Downstairs, two additional bedrooms flank a large rec room with a wet bar and space for exercise equipment. Plenty of unfinished space can serve as a workshop or golf cart storage.
- The exterior walls are 2 x 4 with the exception of the two-story walls in the Great Room which are 2 x 6 framing.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 4,065 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 1,483 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,336 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 246 sq. ft.
- Storage: 427 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 885 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 153 sq. ft.
- Golf Cart Stor.: 183 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4 and 2x6
- Width: 92' 2"
- Depth: 92' 7"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 912 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Lower level 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick