Prairie Style House Plan with In-Law Suite
About This Plan
- An attached in-law suite makes this Prairie style house plan an attractive choice for those who want to care for elderly parents at home.
- Or use it for rental income.
- There's a shared foyer with a door to the main house and one to the kitchen and dining area of the apartment.
- Both feature that highly-prized open layout.
- The kitchen in the main house gets a walk-in pantry and both areas have kitchen islands.
- The large wrap-around porch is shared by both.
- Bedrooms can be found on the second floor of the main house and the in-law apartment has stairs leading down to a living room and bedroom.
- A stack washer/dryer is located in the downstairs bathroom of the apartment while the main house has a second floor laundry room.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,139 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 606 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,287 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,246 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,287 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 39 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 374 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 47' 0"
- Depth: 55' 0"
- Max ridge height: 33' 7"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 486 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0" Apt Dining 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 3 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss