Roomy A-Frame Cabin
About This Plan
- Nicely sized, this roomy 2-story cabin comes complete with entries on both the first and second floors, a 2-car garage, a large utility room, and everything else a family needs to live year-round if desired.
- Enter the main floor from the garage or the living room through an atrium door on the wide deck. The vaulted ceiling there is a lofty 2-stories high near the stacked windows. About one-third of the way back, the wide loft that spans the room creates a drop in ceiling height.
- The living room is open to the kitchen with lots of counter-top workspace, with long and short segments located on all four sides. Warmth and flames in the gas or wood-burning fireplace can be enjoyed from the kitchen as well as the living room.
- A mini-bathroom with a toilet and lavatory is right off the living room, next to the stairs. It's actually part of a two-section bathroom, in which the other section is directly accessible from the owners' suite. A tub/shower combo and another basin are in the owners' section, next to a roomy walk-in closet that has a large central cabinet with drawers.
- Two more bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs , one set on each side of the spacious loft that overlooks the living room. Bunks for extra guests could be set up here, or this area could be outfitted as a library, office or study.
- The roof is a truss design with a 12 on 12 pitch.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,680 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 854 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 826 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 73' 11"
- Depth: 26' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 330 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12