Rustic Country Cottage with 2-Story Great Room and Drive-Under Garage
About This Plan
- Exposed rafter tails above the front porch and the three functioning shed dormers - combined with the shingles, board and batten and stone chimney - give this rustic cottage house plan right at home by a lake or in the woods. The home is perfect for sloping lots with its drive-under garage accessible from both sides.
- Both the front and back have 8' deep covered porches.
- A stone fireplace is the focal point of the great room with 2-story ceiling and views to the back.
- The kitchen peninsula eating bar has room for 4 stools or eat at a table in the dining area.
- The master suite is on the main floor and two more bedrooms on the upper floor are joined by a sleeping loft the kids will love.
- The open rail lets them look into the vaulted great room below.
- Related Plans: Get an alternate version with house plans 60616ND and 59910ND.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,049 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,240 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 809 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 640 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 42' 4"
- Depth: 47' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 7"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 1146 sq. ft.
- Count: 4 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick