Rustic Mountain Retreat
About This Plan
- Build this plan with 2x4, 2x6 or log construction and you'll end up with a rustic and spacious vacation retreat designed to maximize appreciation of the outdoors. Windows, stacked two high, open most of the rear elevation to the view, and a wide deck spans that entire side of the home.
- This one has a bright great room at center, warmed by a free-standing woodstove. The ceiling at the rear rises to two stories high near the windows. Two bedrooms and a bathroom are on the second floor, along with a wide, railed loft that overlooks the great room.
- It boasts close to 2,000 square feet of interior living area and the roomy deck adds hundreds more square feet of living area.
- It even has three bathrooms, one upstairs and two on the main floor. The master bath is an roomy 8' by 8'4".
- This house plan's master suite has a full-size walk-in closet, and private bathroom with dual vanity, tub, and linen storage.
- Related Plan: Get a version with an attached garage with house plan 72244DA.
Alternate Basement Stairs
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,987 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,466 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 521 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 192 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): Log
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 56' 0"
- Depth: 42' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 6"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss