Split Bedroom Modern Farmhouse Plan with Vaulted Great Room
About This Plan
- A 9'4"-deep front porch with a decorative shed dormer positioned above it combine with the board and batten siding to give this 3-bed modern farmhouse plan great curb appeal.
- Step into the foyer through a pair of French doors and find closets on either side helping to minimize clutter. Ahead, the vaulted great room reveals itself with a timber ridge beam going down the middle, left to right. French doors on the back wall take you to the 10'-deep back porch with outdoor kitchen.
- No walls separate the great room from the kitchen. The transition from one space to the other is signaled by the change from the vaulted ceiling to a 10' flat one in the kitchen. There, a large 4' by 9' island comfortably sits four and gives the cook great prep space. A roomy walk-in pantry is conveniently located to where you cook and a farm sink looks out across the back porch.
- The master suite has a tray ceiling and a barn door that tastefully closes off the master bath. A welcome convenience is your access to the laundry room from your walk-in closet. Across the home, two bedrooms share a Jack and Jill bath.
- A 2-car side-entry garage has a storage room to stow away your gear while leaving you room for your vehicles.
- Related Plan: Get an alternate exterior and 4 bedrooms with house plan 56496SM.
Main Floor - Basement Version
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,954 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,954 sq. ft.
- Storage: 77 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 376 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 84' 11"
- Depth: 51' 2"
- Max ridge height: 23' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 577 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick