Tidewater-inspired House Plan with 2-Story Great Room
About This Plan
- A high-pitched roof, plentiful windows and a sun-drenched porch come together beautifully in this tidewater-inspired cottage. Inside, a welcoming foyer exposes a charming arrangement of casual space and formal rooms. French doors lead to a quiet study or parlor, which features a wall of built-in shelves and panoramic views from the arched window.
- Across the foyer, a succession of arched openings and pass-throughs accentuate the effortless transition between the kitchen, great room and dining areas. Built-ins frame the fireplace in the great room, providing an anchor for the wall of glass that creates a connection with the outdoors.
- The open floor plan affords sweeping views of the outdoors. This area looks out through a multitude of windows and doors that open to the expansive covered porch.
- Away from the public areas, a guest bedroom features French doors to the back porch and offers a quiet place to relax. Upstairs a balcony hall showcases the living area below and connects the master retreat and second guest bedroom.
- In the master suite, French doors open onto the exterior deck, inviting the outdoors inside. A second guest suite provides additional accommodations.
- The ground floor offers a 2-car garage and a bonus room along with additional covered storage space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,534 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,551 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 983 sq. ft.
- Deck: 264 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 330 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 194 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Raise Island
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 46' 0"
- Depth: 51' 0"
- Max ridge height: 42' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 785 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front