Victorian Stick Home
About This Plan
- Victorian Stick homes were named for the stick-like decorative trusses highlighting the apexes of their gables. This home plan reflects this historically popular home style, with gently arched windows and gable end trusses, adding both grace and a contemporary touch.
- Its multi-paned windows, generously sized porch with braced supports, and wide assortment of gables are also common features of this style.
- The stone veneer wainscoting and porch post supports show character, along the eye-catching copper roof over the side window bay.
- The wide foyer and expansive, window-bright great room share a lofty two-story ceiling spanned by a second floor bridge. A wood-burning fireplace and wide home entertainment center are on the right, as is a passageway leading to the stairway, den, guest suite and bathroom.
- The dining room has six sides, two of them richly windowed. One side opens into a large walk-in wine cellar outfitted with a table at one end.
- Standing at the kitchen sink, you face into the great room through a second counter-level opening.
- The luxurious master suite is upstairs, along with two more bedrooms, a fourth bathroom, study loft, and skylit, unfinished bonus room.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,027 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,801 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,226 sq. ft.
- Storage: 485 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 87' 5"
- Depth: 56' 5"
- Max ridge height: 30' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 933 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss