Wide Central Hall Leads to Sitting Area
About This Plan
- Scaled just right for luxury living, this 1 1/2-story shingle-style home has exterior details that delight. A main palette of cedar shingles on the facade is accented by stonework at the foundation line. A quaint turret on the right adds interest. The entry features four columns supporting a faux balcony and protecting the double French doors and transom.
- The main body of the plan is contained on the first level and revolves around a wide central hall that widens to become the great room.
- A dining room with decorative ceiling and a den with beam ceiling flank the hall.
- The great room is massive and appointed with a fireplace, built-ins and double doors to the rear porch.
- The kitchen is a gourmet's dream. It has a butler's pantry connecting to the formal dining room, a walk-in pantry and a vaulted nook overlooking the back porch.
- A short hall leads to Bedroom 3, with full bath, the laundry room and the three-car garage. At the opposite end of the home, the master suite sports royal details. A bow window and elegant ceiling grace the bedroom.
- The bath contains two walk-in closets, a tiled shower, a spa tub and French doors to the porch.
- An additional bedroom, with its own bath, sits just across the hall.
- The upper level holds a surprise: a vaulted media center off a sky lit hall at the top of the stairs.
- Related Plan: Need more room? Try house plan 6925AM (6,060 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,663 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,298 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 365 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 100' 0"
- Depth: 66' 0"
- Max ridge height: 31' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 962 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 12' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick