2-story Mountain House Plan with 2-Story Great Room and Lower Level Expansion
2.5 - 3.5
About This Plan
- A timber-frame truss lends character to the front porch of this two-story, mountain house plan, complete with a wrap-around porch to enjoy the available views.
- The sun-drenched interior features a 2-story great room with a vaulted ceiling and floor to ceiling windows. The adjoining eat-in kitchen includes a multi-purpose island and easy access to the deck for grilling.
- The master bedroom is located on the main floor (see plan 68622VR for a version with it on the second floor) and boasts a private balcony, a 4-fixture bathroom, and a walk-in closet.
- Upstairs, the ceilings go from 9'6" to 14'. A loft at the top of the stairs overlooks the great room below and two bedrooms share a bath.
- Expansion opportunities in the lower level include a fourth bedroom and an open family room plus a bonus room. Mechanicals and storage complete the home.
- Related Plans: Get a larger version with house plan 68747VR and put the master on the second floor and the other bedrooms on the main floor with house plan 68622VR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,610 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,120 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 490 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 651 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 952 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 168 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 45' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 2"
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 10' 0" First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 6"