3-Bed Cottage with Secret Space
About This Plan
- Much sought after by owners of narrow lots, this cottage, with its 39 foot facade (including the garage), has an attractive facade of becomes a judicious choice for neighbourhoods where this type of home is influential. Well balanced on the exterior, you'll soon establish it is just as balanced on the inside.
- Passing through the foyer with clutter-reducing closet, you'll find the living room which has great elongated windows on two faзades, a fireplace (the chimney has two flues which will allows for the addition of a stove or fireplace in the basement or even in the master bedroom), and a cathedral ceiling which opens to the mezzanine above.
- A bright dining room with built-in hutch space is open to the spacious kitchen with central island/lunch counter, plenty of counter workspace and storage.
- A convenient laundry closet and a half-bath with shower are also on this floor.
- Upstairs at the first landing, you find a particularly original bedroom which will surely please little ones with its closet that offers an access to their own 'secret' little room.
- Another smaller bedroom is on the second level as well as the master bedroom which could have bath access through the walk-in closet.
- Related Plans: Go 3 feet narrower with house plan 21107DR (1,727 sq. ft.).
- Get more room with house plan 21910DR (1,965 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,877 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 874 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,003 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 39' 0"
- Depth: 39' 8"
- Max ridge height: 36' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 392 sq. ft.
- Count: 1 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss