4-Bed Hill Country Farmhouse with 8'-deep Front Porch, Home Office and Bonus Expansion
3.5 - 4.5
About This Plan
- A blend of board and batten, stone, wood supports and brackets and metal roof give this 4-bed Hill Country farmhouse a rugged appeal. Finish the bonus room above the 3-car garage and get a fifth bedroom - or play room or media room - if needed.
- The front porch is 8'-deep (10'-deep in the center vaulted portion) with a pair of French doors centered on it taking you into the open floor plan. Working from home is a breeze with your own home office located to your left.
- A vaulted ceiling greets you in the great room (17'3" peak height) with a gas fireplace and a back wall that collapses open connecting the space to the 15'-deep rear porch.
- The kitchen has a large 4' by 9'6" island with seating and a sink. Steps away, a true walk-in pantry (11'4" by 8'6") takes care of all of your storage needs.
- The oversized primary suite has an 11'4" tray ceiling. Dual vanities in the bathroom, a separate bath and shower, huge walk-in closet and direct access to the laundry room are all features you'll enjoy. Across the home, three bedrooms share two baths.
- There's dedicated storage in the 3-car garage and a half bath and lockers located just inside the family entry.
- Related Plans: Get a smaller 3-bed version with house plan 51838HZ (2,454 sq. ft.) and get an alternate exterior with house plan 51784HZ.
Basement Stairs Location
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,961 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,961 sq. ft.
- Storage: 39 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 288 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 446 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 604 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 76' 0"
- Depth: 79' 8"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 899 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick