40-Foot Wide Modern Contemporary House Plan with 2-Story Living Room
3.5 - 4.5
2 - 3
About This Plan
- This 40' wide, modern house plan can be nestled into narrow plot lines, and features a 3-car tandem garage, open-concept main floor, and optional lower level with a family room and additional bedroom.
- To the left of the entryway, you will find a bedroom, perfect for guests, a study, or home office. The mudroom and garage access is nearby, along with a full bathroom.
- Towards the rear, natural lighting fills the combined living room, kitchen, and dining area, where tall ceilings above the living room makes the space feel larger.
- Covered decks frame the protruding dining room; ideal for grilling, dining, or lounging outdoors.
- Upstairs, discover three bedrooms and a laundry room, including the master that features a sitting area, private deck, and 4-fixture bathroom with a walk-in closet.
Optionally Finished Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,413 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,195 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,218 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 439 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 1,052 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 143 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4 or 5
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 40' 0"
- Depth: 58' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 705 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 or 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss