Attractive Vacation Retreat
About This Plan
- While this house plan's rear elevation has the richly windowed, A-frame look typical of a vacation retreat, its front facade and full-featured interior make it equally well suited for year-round residency.
- Painted shutters and a wide-railed porch give the home a welcoming look. An old-fashioned, wooden porch swing can fit in nicely here. The covered porch wraps around to span the entire left side, and transitions into a V-shaped deck at the rear.
- Entering, you'll see a stairway on your right, and an expansive, vaulted, two-story great room to your left. A handsome square post connected to an exposed beam marks the passageway into the L-shaped kitchen, straight ahead.
- Abundant natural light washes into the great room through a bank of windows, stacked three high, plus two atrium doors that provide deck access. Across the room from the doors is a home entertainment center.
- This home plan's master suite is upstairs, as is a study linked to the vaulted loft.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,844 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,159 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 685 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 34' 0"
- Depth: 54' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss