Central Courtyard Dream Home Plan
About This Plan
- Exposed rafter tails, arched porch detailing, massive paneled front doors, and stucco exterior walls enhance the character of this U-shaped ranch house plan.
- Double doors open to a spacious, slope-ceilinged art gallery.
- The quiet sleeping zone is comprised of an entire wing. The extra room at the front of this wing may be used for a den or an office.
- The family dining and kitchen activities are located at the opposite end of the plan. Indoor-outdoor living relationships are outstanding.
- The large, open courtyard is akin to the fabled Greek atrium. It is accessible from each of the zones and functions with a covered arbor, which looks out over the rear landscape.
- The master suite has a generous sitting area, a walk-in closet, twin lavatories, a whirlpool tub, and a stall shower.
- Related Plan: For a larger version with a guest suite, see house plan 81384W.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,539 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,539 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 75' 2"
- Depth: 68' 8"
- Max ridge height: 19' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 584 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss