Charming Gothic Revival Farmhouse
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This design uses board-and-batten siding and steeply pitched gable roofs with expanded eaves to create a storybook home with Gothic Revival flavor.
- Screened louvers adorn the gable ends, and innumerable double-hung windows are trimmed with louvered shutters. The bay window roofs have decorative trimwork, and decorative posts and railings delineate and enhance the front porch.
- Nine-foot ceilings are featured throughout the first floor where the efficient floorplan groups the living areas to the left side of the home. The immense living room is brightened by large windows overlooking the rear deck and French doors that open to a cozy screened porch.
- The kitchen design is ideal. Placing the cabinets and counter area in the large window-bay opens up the space, while a breakfast bar effectively delineates the boundary between the kitchen/living room areas.
- The formal dining room is also expanded by a bay window.
- The first floor guest room also serves as a study or home office. The stacked washer/dryer unit in its bathroom may be relocated if the house is built with a full basement.
- Upstairs, the master bedroom boasts a prodigious walk-in closet. It shares a uniquely-styled compartmented bath with a second bedroom.