Coastal Contemporary Beach House Plan with Crow's Nest
About This Plan
- This charming coastal contemporary house plan - or island-style house plan - packs a lot of living in a small footprint. Great for a lot with water views, the home offers great outdoor living spaces on all three floors.
- Three stories of decks welcome great you at the main entry. A secondary exterior stair takes you to the back porch with an entry into the guest bath.
- The foyer sports a 2-story opening to the dining room railing above, and leads to the spacious family room with day kitchen. Two guest bedrooms share a bath and are accessed thru a private hallway off the family room.
- The stairs to the second story lead to the main public spaces. A wide-open kitchen includes an island breakfast bar for casual meals. The dining room opens to the veranda through a wall of glass sliders. A built-in cabinet allows for both china storage and serving space. The living room with its coffered ceiling also opens to the veranda through a set of French doors. A convenient powder room serves this public space, right next to a concealed utility room.
- The spacious master bedroom opens to the veranda and a private rear balcony. The master bath offers a wet room with glass enclosed shower and tub. Dual sinks, linen closet and walk-in closet complete the suite.
- The third-story bonus room and bath could give you great flexibility. Two steps up to the crow’s nest brings in long range views and add a very unique feature to the home. An open deck completes the third floor.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,678 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,023 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,189 sq. ft.
- 3rd Floor: 466 sq. ft.
- Balcony / Veranda: 52 sq. ft.
- Deck: 322 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 672 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Stem Wall
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 34' 8"
- Depth: 54' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 374 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 10' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss