Cottage with Airy Vaulted Ceiling
About This Plan
- With its charming shake siding and double-gable roofline, this home features an ideal floor plan for a second home or a cabin.
- A cozy, yet accommodating front porch accepts guests and guides them into the main living areas, where an airy vaulted ceiling joins the open areas of the great-room and the kitchen/dining room. The arrangement graciously provides space for large groups to gather, while allowing traffic to move freely.
- The great room features a large stone fireplace and a U-shape staircase that leads to the upper level. The rear of the home will make the most of a view. A wall of windows at the rear includes a set of French doors that open to a porch. The main level also houses the master bedroom and a full bath.
- The upper level of the cabin provides two additional bedrooms and a full bath. Children and adults alike will appreciate gathering in the upper-level games room, which features a fireplace. A French door at the back wall leads to an upper level deck.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,395 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 658 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 737 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 36' 0"
- Depth: 35' 0"
- Max ridge height: 19' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss