Cottage with Finished Lower Level
About This Plan
- We took our cottage 21716DR and added 1'8" to the width and put it on a raised basement - plus added a back deck - and achieved a home plan with 4 bedrooms on a tiny footprint.
- The covered entry, stone and shingles combine to create an attractive welcome to this flexible house plan in multiple versions.
- A partial cathedral ceiling in the living room frames the dramatic half-moon window.
- The kitchen with island is within easy reach of the dining area which is surrounded by windows on three sides and with direct access to a screened porch.
- The bedroom area is separate from the main living area and features two comfortable bedrooms and a bathroom with a corner shower and independent bath.
- A raised basement doubles your living area. The chimney accommodates a wood stove for cozy winter days.
- Related Plans: Get a bachelor apartment on the lower level with house plan 21969DR. And see the original version, house plan 21716DR.
- Also see these plans with unfinished lower levels - 21283DR (brick, 2 bedroom) and house plan 21043DR (brick, 3 bedroom).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,226 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 1,113 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,113 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Daylight, Slab, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 41' 8"
- Depth: 28' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 4"
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 4" First Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss