Craftsman Cottage with Attached Garage and Upstairs Home Office
About This Plan
- Four tapered columns with brick at the base support the shed roof over the 8'-deep front porch on this classic Craftsman cottage. A large gable above and a shed dormer above the 2-car garage help give it great curb appeal.
- The front door is set in the middle of the home and opens to the living room. An arched opening allows your views to extend all the way to the back of the home.
- An opening on the right - it could have French doors if you choose - reveals a fifth bedroom which could alternatively be used as a home office or den.
- Walk past the mudroom which provides a transition from the garage to the home and discover an open layout with the kitchen, dining and den with fireplace sharing a no-wall space. A sliding door by the dining room takes you to a large covered rear porch.
- Upstairs, the master bedroom has two walk-in closets and two vanities in the bathroom. The other bedrooms share a bath.
- Above the garage a media space and a home office complete the plan.
- Related Plans: Remove the garage with house plans 50102PH (2,095 sq. ft.) and 50187PH (2,590 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,780 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,232 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,548 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 264 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 224 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 50' 0"
- Depth: 52' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick