Exciting Craftsman with Flex Room and Attic Expansion
3.5 - 4.5
About This Plan
- Two gables with decorative brackets complement the gabled front porch with a metal shed roof on the front of this 4-bed Craftsman house plan.
- French doors welcome you into the foyer where you have views extending to the back of the home straight ahead. Take a shortcut to the kitchen through the butler's pantry by the dining room on your right.
- The back of the home has an open floor plan with a 2-sided ventless gas fireplace providing the only separation between the keeping room and family room.
- Behind sliding doors, the Kid's Room has built in desks and seating and helps reduce clutter while keeping the kids present.
- The eating nook has access to the screened porch in back which has plenty of room for furniture.
- All the bedrooms are upstairs as is the laundry. The flex room is a good spot for kids to do homework or to read.
- Expand into the attic where this is the potential for an extra bath.
- NOTE: This plan cannot be built within a 50-mile radius of Richmond, Virginia.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,732 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,724 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 2,008 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 272 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 418 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 508 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3 or 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 49' 8"
- Depth: 75' 8"
- Max ridge height: 37' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 632 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0" Attic 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick And Truss