Exclusive Country Farmhouse Plan with Upstairs Game and Flex Rooms
About This Plan
- This exclusive country farmhouse plan is great for a young family and those that want to enjoy the country living lifestyle. Clean lines and the simple form of the exterior are hallmarks of this efficient design.
- The front porch is almost 8'-deep and has six supports. French doors are centered on the porch as is the gable above. Step inside to the entry and you have views to the back of the home across the combined kitchen and living room space. A door on the back wall takes you to a full-length porch in back.
- The master bedroom has a barn door that opens to the master bath with dual vanities and a large walk-in shower. Across the home, two bedrooms share a Jack and Jill bath.
- A generous mudroom gives you plenty of storage, a washer, dryer, sink and a second refrigerator or a freezer and serves as the family's entry from both the garage and the rear porch.
- The upstairs gives you a game room and a flex room that can be used as a bedroom or office and can be built out later if you want to build it out in stages. The entire space is efficiently tucked under the roof structure and has the attic space feel with sections of ceiling sloping from 9' flat ceiling to 6' side walls. Special feature is a small reading nook at the upper landing with direct natural light provided by an operable window. This window also enhances the ventilation of the whole house.
- Three car garage comes as standard with this house allowing to furnish the single bay with extra storage cabinets or even a woodworking shop. Separated by double sliding barn doors it will keep the main garage uncluttered and clean.
- Stairs to the optional unfinished basement (please allow up to 5 business days for completion) stack with the existing stairs and can be accessed from one of three sides – the dining/entry, the hall by the bedrooms or even directly from the living room. A monolithic slab is also available (please all up to 5 business days).
- Related Plans: Get smaller versions with house plans 28914JJ (1,667 sq. ft.), 28917JJ (1,815 sq. ft.) and 28915JJ (2,059 sq. ft.). Add a bonus room with house plan 28943JJ (2,492 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,238 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,733 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 505 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 465 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 416 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 82' 7"
- Depth: 58' 4"
- Max ridge height: 23' 1"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 803 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick