Grand Shingle and Stone Cottage
About This Plan
- A timber trussed porte-cochere protects yuor and your guests from the weather and provides a dramatic entry to a truly magnificent home plan. The open entry soars above and serves as a great starting point.
- Left of the entry you'll find an office with a handy powder room and guest closet steps away. Further on is a large keeping room and kitchen with a large angled bay for the dining area.
- The great room is separated from the keeping room by a stone clad see-through fireplace and it opens one the rear patio.
- Right of the entry is the 42" extra wide stair to the second floor as well as access to the laundry anteroom with a lavatory and openings to a pantry.
- Upstairs, the master bedroom has timber framed trusses that enhance the 13'3" vaulted ceiling. The well-appointed vaulted master bath has an oversize walk-in closet, dual vanity and built-in dressers.
- The remaining bedrooms also have vaulted ceilings with timber embellishments and generous closet space. Two share a jack-and-jill bath.
- A 3-car garage has its own stair which leads to a large storage space in the attic which can be finished to make a great playrom, media room or workshop.
- The main roof pitch is 10:12 and the secondary is 7:12.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,506 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,835 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,671 sq. ft.
- Storage: 548 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 295 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 97' 11"
- Depth: 68' 8"
- Max ridge height: 30' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 862 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front, Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick