Luxurious One-Story Design
About This Plan
- Transom windows in the great room and the bayed breakfast room expand the rear view of this one-story design. A large arched window in the front serves as a focal point.
- The covered stoop enters into the foyer that is floored with a hard surface. Complete with space for a hutch, the dining room is set off by its 11-foot tray ceiling. A 10-foot ceiling spans the fireplaced great room with built-in bookshelves. Ceilings also rise 10 feet high in the master bedroom, breakfast room and living room.
- The efficient kitchen includes a pantry closet, planning desk and snack bar.
- The privately located master suite comprises a bedroom with two walk-in closets and a bath with all the amenities: two vanities, a skylight over the whirlpool tub and separate shower. The second bedroom accesses the hall bath.
- If desired, the living room can be converted into a third bedroom by adding a closet.
- The drive-through garage houses a third car in a tandem arrangement.
- Related Plan: For a larger version with a front entry garage, see house plan 40409DB.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,996 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,996 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 40 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 64' 0"
- Depth: 50' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 9"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 683 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- Photo Gallery