Modern Prairie Home with Second-level Loft and Bedroom
2 - 3
About This Plan
- The low-pitched, hip and valley roof give a modern air to this Prairie house plan, clad in stucco and stone. Spacious service areas, ample storage, and an open floor plan with tall ceilings give the homeowner all of the modern must-haves for the ideal living space.
- Upon entering, a large entryway and open stairwell provide clear sightlines, making the space feel larger. A bedroom, or home office, sits to the left and includes a full bath.
- The great room, kitchen, and dining room are open to one another, while an oversized island anchors the living space and serves as a natural gathering spot.
- The main-level, master bedroom features exposed beams, which add a rustic touch. The elegance continues into the en suite, and the pass-through closet connects to the laundry room for added convenience.
- Upstairs, the loft includes a built-in desk, and leads to a bedroom with a full bath and walk-in closet.
- Should you choose to finish the lower level as designed, discover a spacious recreation room / theater, 3 bedrooms, and a wine cellar (or card room); totaling 1,484 sq. ft.
Optional Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,125 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,438 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 687 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 250 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 393 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 1,484 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,041 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Daylight, Slab, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 89' 9"
- Depth: 90' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 835 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12