Mountain Home Plan with Drive-under Garage and a Ship Ladder Loft
About This Plan
- The simplicity of the rectangular footprint of this mountain home keeps budget in mind, but when paired with a sloped roof, a sleek, modern design is the result.
- The double garage resides on the ground level, and includes additional storage space. Once inside, discover two bedrooms, a shared full bathroom and a utility room.
- Oversized windows surround the second level with the ceilings going from 8' in back to 13' in front. The kitchen and family room are open to one another, and extend outdoors onto a spacious balcony.
- The peninsula in the kitchen gives you lots of seating and work space. A nearby pantry closet increases storage space.
- The bedroom on this floor has a walk-in closet. Back in the family room, a ship's ladder in the family room leads to a 200 square foot artist's loft, or flexible creative space.
- Related Plan: Get an alternate version with house plan 68633VR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,209 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 771 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,178 sq. ft.
- 3rd Floor: 260 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 371 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 771 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, or 5
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 53' 0"
- Depth: 45' 0"
- Max ridge height: 30' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 743 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 3.5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick